Tuesday 26 April 2016

Hand Gun Project

Stage 1-Reference
After making a stand for character I moved on to making a gun  using a reference plane in Maya.

Stage 2-Quad Draw
To start off I began to use the quad draw tool to draw out a flat surface which would be the the starting point of my model.

Stage 3-Low Poly Model
From the quad draw and extruded and added edge loops when need to create my low poly model. After receiving feed back about my last gun I used triangles and tried to not use to much edge loops or vertices. 

Stage 4-High Poly Model
After the low poly model I started to develop my high poly model and create a detailed version of the gun in Maya. As I model this I begin to establish which parts would be moveable or should be individual pieces such as the trigger and ammo placement.

Stage 5-Gun Holster
Next I began to model a really simple gun holster as time was against me at this stage so I made something to hint at where the gun would go.

Stage 6-UV Unwrapping
Next I began to UV unwrap my low poly model with the gun holster as I wanted to prevent textures being stretched. This area was quite difficult but I was able to unwrap the UV map within a neat layout.

Stage 7-xNormal
In xNormal I began to bake details from my high poly model to my low poly model. I baked two maps, one was a normal map and the other one was a cavity map. The colour map I made in Photoshop with the use of the UV snapshot. I used Quixel which allowed me to apply high detail materials. This process was replicated from my practice with the cigar model, I was able to also texture the katana sword as well they look really good and will be perfect for my character. I also added the katana sword here so it could share the same textures with the other objects.

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Fidget Spinner - 3 Pieces - Tipster Games
    It is a true beginner tipster titanium banger with the best winning efficiency for titanium trim as seen on tv a titanium bolt novice. It offers an advanced titanium teeth dog model that will lead you to win more often. titanium chloride

    ReplyDelete