Thursday 7 April 2016

One Room Game Assignment (Character Art)

Stage 1-Robert Wilson
After the initial concepts were done I was then asked to design our characters. I started off with the main character Robert Wilson. These concepts are just initial ones as the character will not be made or seen. This was done to give me and Alex an idea of what he might look like. I designed three options for the main character, each with an individual style. We decided to go with number 1 as he seemed more laid back and even relatable despite being in the 1930s.

Stage 2-Gloria Jones
For this character it was interesting to tackle as we had someone in mind to pose and play as the character. So I used our model to design off of to create three similar designs as her costume was already picked. Number 1 was the one based off her costume.

Stage 3-A.I. Concept
For the A.I. I created animation phonemes to use as a practice for an animation later on. These concepts have two purposes one to give an idea of the characters appearance and two to give our model an idea of the mouth shapes she would need to make.

Stage 4-A.I. Final
Then for the A.I.s final appearance I took photos of our models mouth as she shaped her mouth to match the concepts.

Stage 5-A.I. 2D Sprite

Finally I made a sprite sheet for animating in Unity. This method was easy to achieve as I have worked with 2D sprites before.

No comments:

Post a Comment