Wednesday 20 January 2016

Maya Head Project

Stage 1-Reference
This term we are allowed to specialize in a topic of our choosing. I have chosen to do a 3D character for a AAA game. To help me get started we were set a project to model a head following the guide line on the the reference images.

Stage 2-Mouth and Eyes
To start off I began from the mouth and eyes, this was an easy start using the extrude edge tool to add the plains over the features. To shape and move them I used a mixture of the edge and vertex tools. The model is kept on X-Ray mode so I can see through the model to the deference image.

Stage 3-Face
Once I was finished with the mouth and eyes, I was then able to edge extrude several times and use the edge and vertex tools to shape and move the plains. this would allow me to form the face. The most difficult part of the face was probably the nose but once I got the basic shape it was then easy to complete.

Stage 4-Head and Neck
The head and neck was the hardest part as it required me to flick between the different view ports to help me get the shape correct. However the work flow was still the same, using the edge extrude tool and edge and vertex tools.

Stage 5-Ear
Finally the ear, which was and is still the hardest part for me as most tutorials seem to make a base ear like I have done, but I will have to keep checking and adapting it to see it goes with the rest of the head. The ear was made by using a cylinder and using vertex tool to move and manipulate it. Overall so far it looks really good, but some changes might have to be made at a later date.

Stage 6-Ear Detail
After a bit of thought I decided to teach myself how to make a more detailed version of the ear. Using the same techniques as for the rest of the head, I have successfully modelled a detailed ear, which as a result I am more proud of .

No comments:

Post a Comment