Thursday 26 March 2015

Character Modeling Assignment

Step 1-Reference Images 
For this Maya Assignment we had to model a character called Finn using the techniques we had learnt before.

Step 2-Box Modeling 
First I started to box model the feet and work my way up by shaping and adding edge loops needed for the model's structure. As I reached the waist I had to create an arch to form the legs then I extruded up to the chest and back. Then I extruded the arms until I got to the hands which were quite difficult to do. Finally I reached the head another part of the body I found difficult but managed to do.

Step 3-UVs
After I modeled the character I then moved on to the cutting and unfolding of the UVs which would help me texture the character later on.

Step 4-Texturing
Finally when the UVs were unfolded I saved the UVs using UV Snap Shot to which I would load in Photoshop to add the textures and Colours on to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment