Sunday 17 April 2016

One Room Game Assignment (Box Art)


 Stage 1-Poster

I designed this poster for an idea that I wanted to try out. I used the polygonal lasso tool to create the shapes, but to fill them I used the gradient tool. I am happy with the outcome and I will use this for the Box Art design.

Stage 2-Draft Box Art
For the Box Art I got the measurements for a pc game case to make the document the right size. Then I placed the image of the poster idea over it for the front cover, but with the eyedropper tool I was able to use the same colour scheme for the back for the spine I kept it the colour black for the white text to stand out. I also used the same techniques for the inventory to make the boxes for the screen shots to go in. Once everything started to come together I then added some small details like the logos of the companies and our team, as well as a barcode, age rating and small print. As a draft it is looking good just need to swap the concept screen shots to actual gameplay screen shots.

Stage 3-Final Box Art
Finally for the final box art I swapped the concept screen shots to the gameplay screen shots, as well as alter some logos. It looks amazing and I am really happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment