Thursday 27 November 2014

Tank Project

Step 1-Mood Board
For this project we had to make a tank to show two point perspective plus lighting and shadowing. As usual I startd by gathering images of tanks for my mood board which I would use to help generate ideas.  

Step 2-Ideas
Then I started to sketch out rough ideas, I decided to do a hover tank as I am new to vehicle designs, so adding wheels would be too much of a challenge for me right now. I finally decided to go with my second idea to do for the lighting and shadowing technique. 

Step 3-Chosen Idea
As with most perspective drawings the horizon line is off the page so had to draw out a small diagram of the horizon line and my A4 piece of paper, This technique helps me plan out where on the horizon line my two points of perspective meet. Then I am able to sketch out my hover tank.

Step 4- Layout
Now I have to make a layout using cubes and rectangles to allow me to draw my hover tank idea out.

Step 5-Sketch Out
After that I am then able to sketch out my chosen tank idea out.

Step 6-Outcome
Finally I have to add lighting that I used in class for the Cube, this adds depth and a 3rd dimension to my idea. My outcome is very simple but mainly because I have never done vehicle designs before but I believe it came out really well for my first go. Maybe at a later date I might be able to add more to it as I learn more throughout this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment