Thursday 16 October 2014

Tentacle Project

Step 1 - Mood Board
Here's my mood board research for this project which has images of inspiration to me,
for this project. I have looked at character designs and unique art forms such as the 3D design on the bottom right hand page in the left corner.

Step 2 - Initial Ideas
These are some initial sketches that I had done from my research. I preferred my second sketch and found it to be a more interesting concept.

Step 3 - Final Sketch
After I chose one of my initial ideas, I began to do a detailed sketch using a 3B, 2B and HB pencils. Which I used to add tone and shadowing, the purpose of this was to make it look believable and realistic.

Step 4 - Finalized Outcome
Finally I moved on to digital painting, to bring the character to life with colours. This is a topic I am still quite new to, but I believe with practice I could achieve perfection. But for now my tentacle character looks pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment